Wednesday, September 23, 2009

T minus 3 hrs 15 mins

...until my very first official pelvic exam. I'm sort of nervous but not-so-much as my classmates who have already gone before say it's not a big deal. The big nurse-midwifery test was yesterday and I did pretty well. Although we did have some random ass questions that weren't very good. I think they may throw them out so my grade will be boosted a little more. Current lecture topic is breast health. Next up...sexual health. Followed by my female gyn check off.

I'm taking an extra elective class which is driving me nuts. The format and content isn't really fun for me. Plus it keeps me on campus an extra 16 hrs for the next couple weeks. I heard through the grapevine that we are getting our clinical assignments next week. Then we're off to clinical doing all sorts of well-women care., including pelvics, paps, prenatals. I'm super excited. I hope my site is appropriate for me.

Still haven't called the clinic director yet. I've been putting it off because I've been enjoying my minimal time off. Fall break is fast-approaching and I will be heading home to spend some time with the family for a few days. Gonna go back to paying attention....

No comments: