Monday, March 10, 2008

TENS during Labor

I have a TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator) that I use for my back pain. I recently thought it would be a good addition to my doula bag. I have a ton of extra (unused) TENS electrode pads. (The company sends me new ones like once a week!) Anyways -- I wanted to be able to offer this to my doula clients but I wasn't quite sure about how/where to put the electrodes. Does anyone know? Have prior experience with a TENS unit? Know where I can find some information?

2 comments:

Somenurse said...

funny you should mention that, I had a dream the other night of using a TENS unit for just that. It was weird and seemed totally preposterous at the time, but on further analysis, it may just work.

Lo said...

I have a friend who was helped a great deal during labor by a TENS unit, so I think it would be a great thing to have in your bag of tricks. That's my two cents. (Glad to have re-found your blog!)