Thursday, August 16, 2007

Apartment pics

I've taken a few pictures of the new apartment. It's still a work in progress, but it looks awesome even when it's messy! You can click the thumbs to see the larger picture.

When you first walk in, you are in the living room:





From the living room, you can walk out on to our balcony/deck. Can you spot the weiner dog? (It's Emmie...)





Next to the living room is my favorite place in the house - the kitchen. I like to work from the island. The photo on the island was a birthday present from the twin girls I used to nanny.







Just off the kitchen is the laundry room complete with our new washer and dryer courtesy of Beloved's parents. Next to which is my huge walk-in pantry.





Across from the kitchen is our office. It's supposed to be a dining room but we'd never use it as that. It's probably the most messy place in the apartment.



To the left of the living room is our hallway which leads to the bathroom and bedroom.





We have a huge oversized garden tub. I love it.



The bedroom is still kind of plain, but it will get better soon.




I'm off to NY to visit with my family until Tuesday.

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm glad there are more Vera Bradley lesbians out there than just me. I'm debating on which one of the big totes I want next; all I can decide on is that I want it in Windsor Navy.

I'm glad you're settling in well in Atlanta. I hate to duplicate a previous comment I saw, but the food options in Decatur are great. My favorite restaurant is Noodle, at the intersection of Ponce and Church. If you want to go as far as Howell Mill, The Real Chow Baby is a great Mongolian BBQ-style restaurant (with a great bar). I'm glad you've been to The Flying Biscuit, one of my favorite places for breakfast. I used to work down the street from The Flying Biscuit, so I got spoiled.

Midtown is definitely the epicenter of gay men. Decatur is home to more of the lesbians, especially the families with children. (I've heard it referred to as both "Dick-hater" and "Dyke Acres." Anytime there's a festival on the square in Decatur, you'll see lots of 2 mom families.

Enjoy your time in NY before school starts. I start "big kid school" tomorrow, after suffering through orientation last week.