Monday, January 14, 2008

An update from EUH

So, the infection in my ear turns out to be worse than originally thought. I had to come to the ER again on Saturday. They did a head CT and diagnosed mastoiditis along with a middle and external ear infection that had spread to local tissue. They admitted me for IV antibiotics that evening and I've been here since then. I'm not doing awesome, but at least they know what's going on. I'm supposed to get my ear cleaned out today at the Ear, Nose & Throat clinic. From there, they will decide what goes on. The crazy swelling still hasn't gone down much, I'm still not able to eat without great discomfort. They just changed my antibiotics so hopefully we will see some sort of improvement.

It's weird being on the other side of the patient-nurse relationship. I have an awesome nurse today. Keep me in your thoughts :)

2 comments:

Lo said...

Ugh, hope you feel better soon!! Yay for awesome nurses. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi,
I wanted to introduce myself and have no idea how to email you privately! I'm a childbirth educator in the metro-Atlanta area and have a company called Baby Steps. We have all types of classes - natural birth, pregnancy, etc... I hope you'll visit our site - I think you'll like it! www.babystepsonline.net
If you ever need to sit in on a class or just want to chat, feel free to contact me.
Becky
becky@babystepsonline.net