Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back in action

So blogosphere...I am back. A lot has been going on with life and school -- so let me hit the highlights. I finished the BSN portion of my program, passed my NCLEX, and now am working on the *uber fun* MSN portion. I had been working pretty regularly but decided to leave my job to focus more on school. I will (hopefully) get another job at a women's clinic in the area where my friend works. Unfortunately, the hiring manager is very bad at following up with people so it will probably involve me hounding her.

Classes this semester are: Advanced Pathophysiology, Theory & Research, Nurse-midwifery I, and Advanced Health Assessment. I also added an elective -- Teaching Institute. I've been in school for about three weeks now and have been quite busy. In fact, my very first pelvic exam will happen this Wednesday with a professional medical model. My first test is Tues in NMW, so I've been studying/reading/reviewing for that. We've covered STIs, Family Planning, BV, normal pregnancy database, and maternal physiological adaptations to pregnancy. Sounds like a lot, but most of it is review. No clinical yet; they start sometime in October with just office hours. Next semester is when we begin to take call and catch babies. So stay tuned.

And although, I've been gone for awhile, I do still read all of my favorite blogs. In fact, a lot of information gleaned from my blog-reading is shared with my classmates and professors. Most recently, I showed everyone the Beautiful Cervix Project . It's awesome because we're learning about what healthy cervices look like as well as the influence of hormones on the cervix.

Anyways...life is good. All is well. I'm so excited I'm all the closer to catching my first baby.

1 comment:

Journey_On said...

Congratulations on becoming an RN! That is so exciting that you are on your MSN portion now. Hope the studying for your exam goes well!